A nurse‑led team providing rapid response acute care in the community, available 24 hours a day. Phone the service on (0790) 997 5364.
- Patients must be aged over 18 years, registered with a South Tyneside‑based general practitioner, and live in South Tyneside.
- Conditions or problems seen include:•Respiratory conditions
- Abdominal pain
- Urinary symptoms, including blocked catheters
- Mobility issues, including assessment for equipment
- Skin problems e.g., cellulitis, wounds, lacerations, rashes
- Exacerbations of long term conditions
- Unplanned or urgent bloods
Life threatening conditions (phone 999)
Cardiac chest pain, refer to the Emergency Assessment Unit